- 3 Tablespoon of your favorite Curry spice (I love the Spice House Brand of French Masala Curry)
- 14 ounce can of coconut milk
- 15 ounce can of chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch of kale, stems removed, roughly chopped and cleaned (prepackaged has a lot of stems)
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of whole San Marzano peeled tomatoes with juice, chopped
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
In a medium deep frying pan, over medium/high heat, sauté onions for a 4 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic, salt and curry spice, cook another minute. Add kale and sauté for 3 minutes, then add tomatoes and coconut milk, bring to a boil, turn heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve over a scoop of Jasmine rice or firmly pack rice into a small ramekin and place in the middle of a bowl and then ladle curry into bowl.
How to make perfect rice every time:
- 1 cup Jasmine or other white rice
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
In a medium sized saucepot, over high heat, add all ingredients and stir. Bring to a boil, stir again and then turn heat to low. Cover pot with lid and cook for 20 minutes. Do not touch the lid for 20 minutes! Remove pot from stove and fluff rice with a fork and then set aside.