Recipe by Chef Jacquie
–Cranapple Syrup Ingredients
- Quart of apple cider
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
–Directions to make Cranapple Syrup
Over medium high heat, combine ingredients in medium sized saucepot.
Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down to low and simmer until a thick syrup consistency is achieved, about 1-1/2-2 cups. Let it completely cool before using. Place in a sealed container and place in fridge until ready to use. Can be made a few days ahead.
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (I used Cardena’s Dark Apple Cider Vinegar)
- 6 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (I used Cardena’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 7 Tablespoons Cranapple syrup (recipe above)
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- Pinch of salt and pepper
–Directions to make Vinaigrette
In a jar with a lid, add all ingredients and shake vigorously. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Baby spinach
- Butter lettuce
- Granny Smith apples, sliced
- Cranapple Vinaigrette (recipe above)
- Blue Cheese
Combine all ingredients, except cheese, in a large bowl, toss until everything is coated with vinaigrette. In the center of a chilled plate, arrange salad in a mound and sprinkle with crumbled Blue cheese on top.