Recipe by Chef Jacquie
- 1 head of cabbage, rinsed, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons of Kosher salt
- 3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- a pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 pound of Angel hair pasta, cooked
In a large cooking pot of salted water, over high heat, bring water to a boil. Add cabbage quarters and blanche for about 2-3 minutes. Remove cabbage and place on a cutting board. When cool, cut out the core and cut cabbage quarters into bite size pieces.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic and pepper flakes, sauté until garlic is lightly golden, do not brown. Add beans and cook for 5 minutes, add cabbage and cook for another 5 minutes.
Add pasta and toss until well incorporated, taste and adjust salt and pepper, if needed.