Recipe by Chef Jacquie
Champagne Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup Champagne vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon honey or sugar
- 2/3 cup Safflower oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prepare vinaigrette by placing all ingredients in a cruet or sealed container and shake vigorously. Vinaigrette can keep for a week if kept in sealed container in the refrigerator.
- 1 head of Bibb lettuce, rinsed, dried and torn to bite size pieces
- 2 Tablespoons of dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons of sliced almonds
- 2 Tablespoons of Smoked Gouda cheese, diced
- 4 Tablespoons of Champagne vinaigrette
In a large bowl, add your salad, fruit, almonds, cheese and vinaigrette. Toss until leaves are completely coated.
Serve salad in a chilled salad plate or martini glass for a special festive touch!