Recipe by Chef Jacquie
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, remove shells and cut in half, lengthwise
- 1 peeled, pitted and mashed avocado
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon of diced scallion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seeded and minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lime juice
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes of Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 2 slices of crispy pancetta, for garnish
- 1 scallion, green part, sliced, for garnish
Remove yolks from eggs and reserve whites for later.
In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, except pancetta and scallion, and mix well.
Fill empty egg white halves with egg and avocado mixture. Place in refrigerator to chill.
When ready to serve, garnish eggs with crumbled pancetta and sliced scallion.