Recipe by Chef Jacquie
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons cubed Pancetta or Bacon
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce/passatto/puree
- 1-1/2 cups of water
- 1 cup Pinto beans
- 2 Tablespoons chopped flat leaf Italian parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup pasta (Ditalini)
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
In a medium sauce pot, over medium heat, add olive oil and pancetta/bacon, cook until crispy. Add garlic and pepper flakes, sauté until golden brown, but do not brown.
Add tomato sauce and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add beans and parsley, cook for another 10 minutes. Adjust seasoning, add salt and pepper, if needed.
Bring heat up to medium high, when boiling point is reached, add pasta, and cook until al dente.
Serve piping hot with grated cheese on top.