- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts (other options: almonds and walnuts)*
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 1 clove of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (I use kosher)
- 1/3-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil – I used Cardena’s Tunisian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
Add all ingredients, except oil and basil, to a food processor.
Leave the chop button on and slowly add oil.
Remove lid, scrape down all sides and then add basil.
Chop until all ingredients are incorporated.
Place in small jam jar and keep in the fridge for up to a month.
*I used half almonds and half walnuts which will make the pesto a little darker