Recipe by Chef Jacquie
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons of honey or other sweetener
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a jar with a lid, add all of the above ingredients and shake vigorously, then set aside.
- 1 slice of Vidalia onion, diced
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn, fresh off the cob (canned or frozen works too)
- 1 roasted pepper, peeled, seeded and diced
Place beans, corn, pepper and onion in a medium sized bowl. Add vinaigrette, mix together and refrigerate (can be made a few hours ahead).
You can add 1 teaspoon of chili pepper flakes; 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic, cut up asparagus tips, diced mango, diced pineapple or caramelized onion for variety.
This relish is perfect as a side dish or for topping grilled fish, steak or chicken!