Recipe by Chef Jacquie
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and diced
- Small bag of purple potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon of safflower oil
- 4 slices of bacon or pancetta, diced (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Pinch of fresh ground black pepper
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
In a large frying pan over medium heat, add 1 Tablespoon of oil and bacon and cook until lightly golden on edges. Add vegetables, thyme, salt and pepper and sauté until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper, if needed.
Some serving suggestions: Top hash with a fried or poached egg. Serve hash as a side dish with steak, pork, chicken or fish!