Recipe by Chef Jacquie
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 1 cup of diced celery
- 8 ounces of button mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon each of ground Sage, Rosemary, Thyme and Marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups chicken stock/broth
- 12 ounce bag herbed seasoned bread cubes
In a medium pot, over medium heat, add oil, butter and onions, sauté for 10 minutes.
Add celery, mushrooms, herbs, salt and pepper; sauté another 10 minutes, until celery is tender.
Add stock/broth, raise heat to high and bring to a boil. Then, turn off heat, add bread cubes and mix until all cubes are moist.
Once stuffing is cool enough to handle, stuff turkey and cook according to directions on turkey packaging.
Place any extra stuffing in a casserole dish, pop in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown on top.